Please note that the shop is closed from 8th of October 2021 and opening again on 18th of October 2021. Any orders during this time will be processed once we are opened again.
Caledonian Audio produces DIY hifi amplifier kits. Specializing in stereo valve / tube amplifiers in the UK, we produce high quality audio devices at a very competitive costs.
We support local British audio and electronic designers and suppliers and try to create a healthy and ethical business relationships with all involved in audio communities.
Our mission is to provide high quality but affordable products to all. We try to create a healthy relationship with all our clients by providing support and guidance using plain language and treat all our customers equally.
Build YOURSELF a valve amplifier! All our valve amplifier kits have been carefully designed and prepared by us at Caledonian Audio here in Edinburgh, Scotland!
All valve amplifier kits come with complete easy-to-use assembly instructions.
- Another Beautiful Build of ECL82/6BM8 17 June 2021 - Hello all, I have just received another positive feedback from another great builder from the Netherlands. I wish the builder many years of great listening please with the amp. Have a look at these pictures as inspirations. more
- Exciting Custom Build Project – Phono Classique 26 May 2021 - Hello all, I would just like to share with everyone a very exciting custom build project, based on the Classique – Phono Valve Preamp Amplifier With Passive RIAA Using 12AX7 / 12AU7 – DIY Kit by one of our builders.… more
- More User Build 23 February 2021 - Do have a look at this gorgeous build of the phono amp. A very neat and tidy build for sure. The pictures speak for themselves. more
There are a number of reasons why you should choose us:
- We will support you all the way through your build
- All parts and components used in the kit are easy to source and using standard components
- We support local businesses – local made transformers
- Detail build documentations
Read the Testimonials
These are the ongoing surveys sent to all our clients:
- 100% users found the build guide very useful
- At the scale from 1 (very easy) to 10 (very difficult), 30% of users found their builds at no.1 (very easy) and 70% at no.3
- 100% users found the components to be of good quality
- 100% users will recommend the kits to others
- 100% users found the the kits exceeded their expectations
- 100% users found the the kits good value for money
- 100% users found it very easy to get a support
Many buyers are very satisfied with the amplifier kits purchased. If you still have any doubt, please get in touch.